Translate the Linc

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Star Wars: Episode VII - Han and Leia's Kid and Grandkid Introduced

Episode VII

I'll never forget where I was when I heard the news. I was sitting in my dark kitchen listening to the radio after Hurricane Sandy when I first learned about Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm and the plans for Episode VII and beyond. I was so excited that, unable to post about it, I drove directly to my friend Joe's house to tell him.

Well now, thankfully, I can share all the hints and rumors with you! According to inside sources for Nerdvana, there are a few new interesting tidbits about the first installment of the Sequel Trilogy. I of course caution everyone to take these with a big heaping grain of salt (or its galactic equivalent) until we hear anything from Lucasfilm/Disney:

Rumor I: They're Getting the Band Back Together
Episode IV: A New Hope
Replace blasters with walkers
It looks like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all on board to reprise their roles as Luke, Leia, and Han! Many believe this will be in an advisory capacity similar to Ben Kenobi in A New Hope.

Rumor II: We Will Meet Han and Leia's Kid and Grandkid
Jacen Solo Jaina Solo and Anakin Solo
Fanboy Revolt in 3...2...1
According to this source, we will be introduced to the child and grandchild of the Solos. Any even casual reader of the Expanded Universe will know about the Solo's three kids: The twins Jacen and Jaina and the youngest, Anakin. They've become some of the most popular characters in the franchise, so what will this announcement mean for them?

Rumor III: No Go on Yoda Movie
Yoda Episode V ESB
He was just as shocked as you
Good ol' George has apparently squashed the rumor that one of the spinoff movies will be about our "little green friend". He claims that Yoda was always meant to be a supporting character. I agree with this. Yoda is amazing and seeing him in action in Episodes II and III were a fanboys dream, but his origins have always been shrouded in mystery. I think keeping him out of the spotlight will help to sustain Yoda's appeal for generations to come.

Rumor IV: JJ's In It For the Long Haul
Bad Robot
This is why I love the fans
The source reports that JJ Abrams has been contracted to direct all three movies. If you listen closely, you can hear the steam come out of a Trekkie's ears.

Rumor V: Timothy Zahn Will Pen Sequel Trilogy Novels
Heir to the Empire Dark Force Rising The Last Command
The original Sequel Trilogy
While the source doesn't say exactly what the novels will be about, when coupled with the rest of the rumors I can speculate that they will be novelizations of the films. This will go over extremely well with fans of the EU (no sarcasm, I promise) who credit Zahn with relaunching the Star Wars franchise in the wilderness years of the early 1990's. Zahn is an incredible author and I cannot wait to read anything he puts out!

Well, there you have it, gentlebeings! Sound off in the comments below and add your own thoughts to the swirling mix of Episode VII rumors. Just remember: "Always in motion is the future."

MTFBWY

-Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment