Translate the Linc

Monday, March 18, 2013

Your Evening Linc: Trailers Galore! Game of Thrones and Iron Man 3 trailers Promise A Whole Lot of Awesome to Come!

While I know you're all glued to the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars (because, let's face it, so am I), I just wanted to pop in with some evening links for your perusing.

1. New Game of Thrones Trailer and Teasers

The new season of Game of Thrones is almost here (again, look to your right. There be a countdown.) Not one to pass up the opportunity to make the wait seem excrutiatingly long, the good folks at HBO dropped this little nugget:

No doubt some serious saber-clashing, spear throwing, and fire-breathing is about to go down! As an added bonus, here are two teaser clips. The first, called "War" deals with what everyone wants to get out of the long and bloody feud engulfing Westeros:



The second, called "Beast", gives us a hint as to the darkness that is to come:


Brace yourselves, awesomeness is coming.

2. Iron Man 3 Trailer and Interviews

Not to be outdone, Marvel has released a new trailer for Iron Man 3. It looks like Mr. Stark has everything on the line as he fights his comic book arch-nemesis: The Mandarin

Iron Man 3
"I don't always wear rings. But when I do, I use them to take over the world."

Check out the awesome trailer here:

 

And Total Film had a series of interviews with the actors, including the man playing the Mandarin, Ben Kingsley. Here's what he had to say:
"I didn't have any template to copy. I'm undereducated as far as Marvel comics are concerned, and that can be a good thing, like coming to a Shakespeare play fresh rather than having done it 20 times....[It's] a human portrayal of evil on a grand scale. [Mandarin] released demonic layers in me...I did go a little crazy!"
Well here's hoping all that craziness works out when Iron Man 3 comes out this summer. And, if you ever wondered what happened to the first Lt. Col. James Rhodes, Terrance Howard, he explains to Total Film that the studio offered him a bum deal which he walked on, but it wasn't all bad news for The Man Who Would Be War Machine:
"I didn't know  it wasn't a mutually binding contract; it was only beneficial for them to bring me back or not. They can honor it or not. And you know they made a great deal, Don (Cheadle) and Robert (Downey, Jr.) they get along well. But the best thing that happened as a result of it, I went back to school and finished and got my doctorate in chemical engineering. And now I have a company where we grow diamonds. That's going to replace the silicon in computers; that's going to replace all gemstones. So, if that hadn't happened, I would never have gone back [to school]."

So it looks like, in the future, Terrance can build his own metal suit if he so chose.

Iron Man
"'Next time?' Hell, I'll buy it off you right now. Will a fistful of chemically engineered diamonds cover it?"

Well that's your Evening Linc! And I've got plenty more coming your way only here at The Missing Linc! Stay tuned!

-Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment